Yahara Software LLC is a leading custom application development, enterprise system integration, and data analytics company with over 20 years of history in the greater Dane County. Our foundation for success is simple- we take care of our people. We help save and improve lives while making people safer, smarter and better with every line of code we write. We call it The People Principle.
We have an exciting opening for an ambitious full-time Senior Technical Lead Developer to join our innovative Software Development team in Madison, Wisconsin!
This is the perfect opportunity for an experienced full-stack Sr. Developer with a passion to lead and mentor others within a fast-paced agile environment using an array of technology. This role will be involved in the entire software development lifecycle and will collaborate with internal and external cross-functional teams to deliver quality technical solutions. Some responsibilities may include the planning, leading, full-stack development, and analysis of projects, software design, coding, testing, installation and supporting various clients through the implementation process.
We are a Gold Certified Microsoft Partner and operate under an Agile Development Methodology.
General Job Qualifications:
- 4+ years of development experience using Microsoft development technologies.
- Bachelor's, Associate’s or higher degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Strong background in a variety of software design and development concepts.
- Microsoft or Amazon certification or related technical certification is a plus.
- Self-starter with a passion for software development and desire to develop quality solutions within a collaborative development environment.
- Ability to understand and communicate customer's business requirements.
- Have direct experience working in an Agile Development Methodology environment.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Lead assigned development team on projects throughout the entire SDLC under an Agile Development Methodology.
- Work with Architects/Tech leads to create project artifacts: repositories, CI/CD pipelines, other dependencies.
- Analyze and create appropriate development, test, and production environments.
- Demonstrate the Ability to design implement and deploy small scale applications consisting of a handful (2+) of containerized applications.
- Anticipate operational cost of development, test and production resource usage.
- Propose and defend alternate design strategies.
- Try out new languages, development frameworks.
- Familiarize with alternate front end/back end development fundamentals.
- Review code, consume blogs, podcasts, other media to broaden design/development.
- Demonstrate competency designing to and utilizing cloud native resources.
- Coordinate effective use of development resources and provide effective communication across teams.
- Provide feedback for process improvement.
- Support assigned development team as a technical mentor.
- Work closely with PM/BA and Stakeholders on iteration planning and technical portions of stories.
- Develop applications and work with developers to integrate applications to deliver quality solutions in accordance with Yahara’s standards and processes to meet customer satisfaction.
- Ensure all developments are documented/archived appropriately- meet high-level design requirements g. data, customer experience, architecture, requirements, security, quality, operations, regulatory and industry standards.
- Ensure team projects are fit for purpose leaving testing and transitioning to live.
- Ensure all new developments go through an appropriate testing process and have solid release plans for hand-over to live operations and promotion.
- Accurately report all development activity through timesheets, report on development progress and issues, identifying remedial action when required to address problems and keep development on track.
- Create and maintain strong working relationships with other members, management, and executive principals.
- Engage professionally with customers when required.
- Produce code assets in adherence to departmental standards.
- Collaborate with PM/BAs to provide technical expertise in the estimation of time and materials required to complete a project/assignment.
- Demonstrate a logical and structured approach to time management and task prioritization.
- Work efficiently within project timelines and budgets.
- Work independently and within a team as the work requires.
- Participate in team activities and team planning with the aim of improving team skills, awareness, and quality of work.
- Provide support for a system including analysis, tracking, and resolution.
- Able to keep up to date with new technologies and utilize approved technologies for the development of systems.
- Be able to manage their own time efficiently, schedule technical tasks for completion and deliver quality work to that schedule.
(Candidates interested in this position should demonstrate experience in a subset of the following technologies)
- Microsoft .NET Framework/Net Core 5.0
- Microsoft SQL Server, Postgres and other relational databases
- MongoDB or other NoSQL databases
- Cloud Platforms- Microsoft Azure/Amazon Web Services
- Web Service/API development
- Familiarity w/ network architectures and protocols such as use of Sockets as well as TCP/IP and UDP packets
- DevOps tools (i.e., Docker, Kubernetes)
- Client Server and Web Development experience is highly desirable
- Flexible work schedule to fit your lifestyle
- 24 days of Paid Time Off in your 1st year!
- Option to work remote locally**
- 100% company paid Professional Certifications i.e. MCSD, AWS, PMP, IIBA, and other career-related training. PLUS a generous bonus for passing tests/certs
- Excellent Health Insurance Plan! (ZERO-Deductible plan with Quartz)
- Dental, and Vision Plans
- Flexible Savings Account
- 401(k) Company Match (Traditional and Roth options)
- Group Life and Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Fitness facility (basketball court and gym) offered on-site
- Free and convenient on-site parking
Yahara Software LLC. Is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The current opening positions listed are full-time, in-house salaried position with competitive salary and benefits. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S on a permanent basis and can work on-site in our office located in Madison, Wisconsin. We are unable to provide any sponsorship at this time.